Swedish Meatballs. Homemade Swedish Meatballs are homemade meatballs smothered in creamy Swedish Meatball Sauce served over egg noodles or rice. This easy recipe is very kid friendly! These heavenly Swedish Meatballs are the homemade version of the iconic Ikea meatballs.
Ingredients of Swedish Meatballs
- It’s 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1 of med onion finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sour cream.
- You need 4 tbsp of fresh dill.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lingonberry preserves.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
Looking for copycat IKEA Swedish meatballs? Savory spiced meatballs in a creamy, velvety sauce. without the schlep to Ikea. Swedish Meatballs Served Up: At Home. Swedish meatballs are everyone's favorite IKEA menu item, and our recipe recreates that deliciousness at home—classed up, cleaned up and so. dang. good.
Swedish Meatballs instructions
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together in a large bowl, shape into golf size balls, place in greased baking pan and cook at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Let sit while you make the sauce..
- Melt butter in large pan, add flour and cook for a few minutes to cook out the raw flour taste. Add the beef stock and whisk to get out any lumps. Add the sour cream, dill, salt, pepper, and ligonberries. Whisk till smooth..
- Pour sauce over meatballs in large roasting pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes..
- Serve over egg noodles or spaetzle, w boiled potatoes, and pickled cucumbers..
Swedish Meatball Recipe – Swedish meatballs make a delicious dish with tender meatballs served in a rich, creamy sauce over noodles or mashed potatoes! A favorite family recipe made from scratch! These Swedish Meatballs are cooked to perfection and coated in a thick and creamy pan gravy that may just cause a traffic jam at your next party!! How do you make Swedish Meatballs from scratch? Swedish Meatballs – the mother of all meatballs.