Chickpea meatballs. These vegan chickpea meatballs are a delicious vegan alternative to regular meatballs. Full of flavor and a great addition to your vegan Italian recipes! These vegetarian chickpea meatballs flavored with garlic and parsley make a quick and easy meatless main dish that is tasty and filling.
These chickpea meatballs can come together in a snap on a busy weeknight! I like to make my own tomato sauce, but you could easily use your favorite marinara to speed things up! Chickpea Meatballs/Garbanzo beans Balls Lighter option for regular meatballs! You can cook Chickpea meatballs using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea meatballs
- You need 4 Tbls of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/3 Tbls of hemp seed (or flax seed).
- You need 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast (or Parmesan cheese).
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need to taste of Fresh basil.
- You need to taste of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Sea salt.
- Prepare to taste of White pepper.
- It’s 1 can (15.5 oz) of chickpeas.
- It’s 4 Tbls of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
A hearty gluten-free chickpea meatball served in al dente spaghetti squash boats. I hope you get the same enjoyment and nourishment from Spaghetti Squash and Chickpea Meatballs as I have lately! Filled with quinoa, walnuts, chickpeas and a variety of dried herbs, they are. You have to try these Vegetarian Chickpea Meatballs.
Chickpea meatballs step by step
- Sauté onion and garlic in saucepan with olive oil until slightly browned..
- When onion is finished being sautéed, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl or food processor. Process until entire mix is thick and fully chopped together..
- Add olive oil to saucepan and heat up on medium heat. Roll mixture into 1 – 1.5 inch balls. Place in heated oil and turn until browned on all sides. (Be Careful not to break them apart when you turn them as they will be a little fragile until cooking is complete).
- Serve over spaghetti or spaghetti squash with some marinara. Enjoy..
They're so flavourful, even meat eaters are going to love them! We're talking incredibly delicious and surprisingly cheap to make. Pour tomatoes and chickpeas into the center of a large rimmed baking sheet. Add meatballs — work in batches if your skillet can't comfortably fit them all without crowding — and cook, gently rotating them occasionally so they more Top with meatballs, eggplant and chickpeas. The flavourful tender "meatballs," made with chickpeas, Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs, are served over hot cooked spaghetti and topped with your favourite pasta sauce for a recipe that's sure.