Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs.
Ingredients of Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground Italian sausage.
- Prepare 5 sticks of mozzarella string cheese, cut into 6 pieces each.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare to taste of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, & Italian seasoning (oregano, basil & parsley).
Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together beef & sausage slightly with a fork. In another, small bowl mix bread crumbs, milk & any extra desired herbs & spices. Let bread crumbs soak about 5 minutes, then stir in parmesan cheese & add mixture to meats. Fluff all ingredients with fork until just combined..
- Cut string cheeses into 6 pieces each, about an inch long. Take about a golf ball sized hunk of meat & roll lightly into a ball. Stuff one cheese nugget into meat & push meat around it. Roll into a ball, just a little tighter, making sure cheese stays as covered as possible..
- Place meatballs into a greased, glass, 13×9 inch casserole dish/cake pan. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, until golden brown & cooked through. Serve with sauce on noodles, or in your favorite sturdy sandwich roll with more cheese on top. I added the meatballs to simmering sauce for another 20-30 minutes & they came out amazing! :).