Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce. Lasagne guaranteed to make your mouth water. A simple foolproof recipe your friends and family will love and enjoy. Lasagna is a traditional Italian dish that appeals to people of all ages.
Béchamel sauce, or white sauce, is one of the most basic mother sauces that every home cook needs to master. It's the creamy sauce that is the base for white pasta sauces and soufflés, and holds casseroles and pot pies together. It is also part and parcel to putting together a crowd favorite: lasagna! You can cook Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce
- You need of Minced beef.
- Prepare of Minced white onions, spring onions, minced garlic and tomatoes.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper, oregano, dried thyme, paprika, cumin, and curry.
- It’s of Lasagna noodles.
- Prepare of For sauce: Milk, flour, Butter.
- You need of For sauce: Your choice of cheese (mozzarella is best).
For the Bechamel Sauce: In a saucepan, melt butter and then add flour. Pour a layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a lasagna pan. Cover with a layer of noodles, then half of the combined cheeses (tossed together) and half of the Bechamel. Lasagna with homemade sauce recipe: I came up with this recipe after looking at a few lasagna recipes in all sorts of magazines.
Lasagna – with homemade Bechamel sauce instructions
- In a pot, add white onions and half of the cut spring onions, minced beef..
- Add minced garlic, minced tomatoes, spring onions, and tomato paste.
- Seasoning: salt and pepper, oregano, dried thyme, paprika, cumin, and curry.
- Add a bit of water or beef stock and let it simmer till it's cooked down.
- Prepare the Bechamel sauce: In a pot, butter until melted, flour, whisk very well, then add milk (slowly), then and the cheese (slowly) then a bit of paprika.
- In a buttered baking dish, add a bit of tomato paste on the dish, then add beef, lasagna noodles, beef again, then the Bechamel sauce, then some mozzarella cheese or your choice of cheese, then lasagna noodles, beef… and repeat for one or two more times..
- Last layer: lasagna noodles topped with the sauce and then mozzarella.
- Cover it with foil and leave it 30 minutes in a preheated 180degree oven, then remove foil and add another 20 minutes or until the cheese layer looks brown.
While the sauce is cooking, you can saute the mushrooms in a skillet with a bit of salt on med-high heat till nicely browned. Cheesy Homemade Lasagna using Penne Pasta, Fresh tomato sauce and bechamel sauce. Bechamel – this is by far the easiest sauce you can make. And it's easier than you think. Bechamel is usually with cheese too but since I'm grating Parmesan.