Lasagna. Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. The ultimate comfort food lasagna, with layers of rich homemade meat sauce, creamy béchamel sauce , noodles , cheese and fresh mozzarella. Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick thaw dinners.
Get traditional Italian versions and vegetarian lasagna recipes. Looking for an easy and healthy vegetarian lasagna recipe? Check out some favorite vegetarian and vegan lasagnas. You can have Lasagna using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- You need 1 lb of sweet Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef (angus).
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 6-8 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 28 oz of can of crushed roma tomatoes.
- Prepare 12 oz of tomato Roma paste.
- It’s 13 oz of tomato sauce (I used maggiano’s diavolo tomato sauce).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of homemade chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbs of fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- You need 12 of + lasagna noodles (I used no boil noodles).
- You need 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s Dash of nutmeg.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese (as much as desired).
- It’s of Fresh grated Parmesan-Romano cheese (as much as desired).
Lasagna é a cidade de uma raça de gatinhos chamados Doram. Nesse lugar, os Doram vivem em harmonia com a natureza, tornando-se Invocadores. Aventureiros que desejarem descansar um pouco, poderão beber na Taverna Forninho. Lasagna Bolognese is a typical dish of Emilia Romagna, in particular of the city of Bologna.
Lasagna step by step
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and broth. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for at least 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. (I cooked mine 2-3 hrs and made the night before).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. (if you use no boil noodles you can skip this step and just layer as is).
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash of nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)..
- To assemble, spread some meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish (I used a disposable oversized lasagna pan). Arrange noodles over meat sauce (I think I only used 4 noodles per layer). Spread noodles w/ ricotta cheese mixture. Spoon meat sauce over ricotta mix, and top with mozz/parm/romano cheese. Repeat layers (I made 3 layers).
- Cover with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. (I made mine the night before to allow flavors to meld and had to cook a bit longer since it was starting out cold). Cool for 15 minutes before serving..
Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one. Freezing homemade lasagna is a great way to have ready-made meals on hand for nights when it's all you can do to turn the oven on and heat up dinner. For everybody that loves to cook lasagna at home! From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot"). Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic (Semitic) lawzinaj ("almond cake").