You can have Homemade Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Lasagna
- It’s 1 of oven ready lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of mild Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- You need 2 of 14.5 ounce cans chopped tomatoes (undrained).
- Prepare 2 of 6 ounce cans tomato paste.
- You need 16 oz of container cottage cheese (using only 12 ounces).
- You need 15 oz of container ricotta cheese (using only 12 ounces).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 lb of shredded mozzarella cheese (divided).
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
Homemade Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic. Drain..
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano basil, chopped tomatoes with juice and tomato paste to meat mixture; stirring until well mixed..
- Cover and simmer 1 hour on low heat..
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray..
- Combine in a bowl, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, parsley, parmesan cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese..
- In your 13×9 pan, spread some meat sauce on the bottom, then layer dry oven ready noodles, meat sauce and cheese mixture; continue repeating layers until you are at the top of the pan..
- Top off remaining layer with the rest of the mozzarella cheese making sure noodles are completely covered..
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted. I cover with foil for about 40 minutes then uncover for 15 to 20 minutes to finish..
- Remove from oven and let lasagna rest 15 to 20 minutes before cutting and serving..