Lasagna. Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. The ultimate comfort food lasagna, with layers of rich homemade meat sauce, creamy béchamel sauce , noodles , cheese and fresh mozzarella. Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick thaw dinners.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- It’s 12 of Lasagna Noodles.
- Prepare of Sauce from my Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce Recipe.
- You need of Filling from my recipe Filling for Lasagna or Stuffed Shells.
- You need 1 lb of block of Whole Milk Mozzarella (grated).
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare of Fennel Seed.
- Prepare of Chopped Parsley for garnish.
Lasagna é a cidade de uma raça de gatinhos chamados Doram. Nesse lugar, os Doram vivem em harmonia com a natureza, tornando-se Invocadores. Aventureiros que desejarem descansar um pouco, poderão beber na Taverna Forninho. Lasagna Bolognese is a typical dish of Emilia Romagna, in particular of the city of Bologna.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9 pan including on the sides. Boil water in a large stock pot..
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package (typically 9 minutes). Drain and immediately run cold water over them..
- I like to lay my noodles out on parchment paper to ensure they stay flat as I'm working..
- Spread thin layer of sauce (approximately one ladle full) on bottom of pan..
- Arrange 4 noodles in pan, slightly overlapping, to start first layer..
- Add 1/2 Filling for Lasagna (available in my recipes). I use a melon baller to scoop it into a grid of 12 (3×4) and then spread evenly out with the back of a spoon. Just makes for easy quick and even distribution..
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella, grated parmesan, and fennel seeds over filling mixture..
- Use approximately 1.5-2 ladles of sauce to cover 1st layer. Spread evenly with back of spoon..
- Repeat assembly for 2nd layer. (4 noodles, other half of ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, fennel seed, sauce).
- Last layer, add final 4 noodles, cover with sauce, generously cover with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley..
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Increase oven temp to 400°. Bake 15 minutes more. Remove and let cool 45 minutes to set..
- (optional): I usually double the recipe, assembling two. I put one in the oven. The other, I add the foil, then wrap the entire pan over and under well with saran wrap, and freeze it. I remove to refrigerator the day before I want to bake it, discard the saran wrap, and bake it the same as above..
Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one. Freezing homemade lasagna is a great way to have ready-made meals on hand for nights when it's all you can do to turn the oven on and heat up dinner. For everybody that loves to cook lasagna at home! From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot"). Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic (Semitic) lawzinaj ("almond cake").