Ricotta Pesto Parmesan Pasta.
Ingredients of Ricotta Pesto Parmesan Pasta
- You need of sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of shallots, minced.
- It’s 8 oz of jarred pesto or homemade.
- You need 15 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of pasta.
- It’s 1 lb of dry pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 of tablespoon salt.
Ricotta Pesto Parmesan Pasta instructions
- In a large pot of boiling water add salt and pasta..
- Stir and cook about 10-12 minutes until pasta is tender but not mushy in texture..
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add oil..
- Once oil is hot, add shallots and garlic..
- Saute for 2 minutes..
- Add pesto in and just stir..
- Now stir in ricotta and stir until creamy. Add a pinch of salt now if you like..
- Add parmesan cheese and stir..
- Take 1/4 cup of pasta water and add to sauce. Add cooked pasta and stir to coat pasta..
- Serve hot and enjoy. Top with some toasted pine nuts. Or extra cheese. A great side dish is a salad or steamed broccoli or broccolini..
- Recipe by taylor68too..