5 cheese lasagna. Excellent basic cheese lasagna recipe that can be tailored very easily for family preferences. Delicately layered pasta with a creamy cheese filling, topped with a rich marinara sauce. Parmesan, ricotta, provolone, hot pepper and American cheeses blend together to make this vegetarian lasagna.
Our Five Cheese Lasagna has freshly made pasta with a blend of five cheeses and seasoned tomato sauce. Like previous reviews, this lasagna way way too watery with very little cheese. This untraditional lasagna recipe swaps traditional Italian flavors for classic Mexican ones, using queso blanco instead of mozzarella. You can cook 5 cheese lasagna using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 5 cheese lasagna
- You need 1.5 jars of garlic onion pasta sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Italian herbs.
- You need 2 of table spoons onion powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 box of lasagna noodles.
- It’s 2-8 ounce of bags of mozzarella shredded cheese.
- You need 2-8 ounce of bags shredded Colby jack cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1-24 ounce of tub of cottage cheese.
- It’s 1-15 ounce of tub ricotta cheese.
The five cheese lasagna makes for a hearty dinner. Make the classic Olive Garden Five Cheese Lasagna at home. I have even given this lasagna a Descriptive Name: Five Cheese Hot Italian Sausage Lasagna. I didn't really intend for it to have five cheeses, but sometimes cheese just randomly jumps into my. cheese lasagna : Food Network.
5 cheese lasagna step by step
- Cooked ground beef and chop finely..
- Mix 1/2 of all the spices into the ground beef and add in spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes. Add all of the sugar into it..
- Boil noodles until Aldente and drain. Do not rinse pasta..
- Start by layering your 13×9 baking pan with noodles then spread some of the ricotta on them then cottage cheese, top with ground beef and sauce mixture then all cheeses, and season each layer as you go with remaining spices..
- Repeat until Pan is full topping the final layer with noodles, sauce and meat mixture and shredded cheeses. Keep cottage cheese and ricotta for the internal layers not for the final top layer. I add a little extra Italian seasoning and pepper on top. For appearance and taste..
- Cover and bake on 375 for 35-45 minutes until got all the way through and cheese fully melted. Remove foil last 10 minutes for baking to brown cheese lightly..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving so sauce and noodles can set a little firmer. Pairs great with Texas toast or salad or perfectly delicious all by itself! This recipe makes at least an 8-10 lb pan of lasagna but holds for about 5-7 days in the fridge..
Sausage, Cheese and Basil Lasagna Bon Appétit, February. Make and freeze this five cheese lasagna before you venture out on a holiday, and enjoy it upon your return. Looking for the best vegetarian lasagna recipe? Those that love cheese should most definitely give Stouffer's Five Cheese Lasagna a try! I really like this lasagna because I really like cheese!.