Ray's Vegan Lasagna. Vegan lasagna, a delicious and flavorful recipe made with simple ingredients. It's tasty, amazingly soft, cheesy and so comforting! This collection of vegetarian and vegan lasagnas will help you find the perfect dish for a dinner with family and friends to which some guest might be vegetarians or vegans.
I ended up making the best vegan lasagna I've ever made, simply by using the leftover ingredients I This lasagna was so comforting, satisfying, flavourful and delicious – I highly recommend making this. I made this vegan lasagna recipe for a dinner party I attended with mostly omnivore friends and am Since this was my first attempt at vegan lasagna and I didn't have time for a test run, I had to go with. This recipe eliminates the messy, time-consuming process of preboiling the noodles—use any whole-wheat, brown rice, or regular lasagna noodles right out of the box. You can have Ray's Vegan Lasagna using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ray's Vegan Lasagna
- You need 4 (14.5 oz) of cans stewed and/or diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 oz of can tomato paste.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers of your choice chopped into inch long pieces.
- You need 1 of medium zucchini.
- You need 4-6 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 package of Lightlife Smart Ground meatless original crumbles.
- It’s 1 (7.1 oz) of Daiya mozzarella style shreds.
- It’s 9 of lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
This is probably the easiest vegan lasagna you'll ever make and one of the most delicious! Recipes for vegan lasagna abound, and I'm sure you can find fancier, richer tasting versions, but for sheer. This easy vegan lasagna is full of savory mushrooms and flavorful herbs, and Many vegan lasagna recipes contain a laundry list of ingredients. This one uses as few as possible without sacrificing flavor.
Ray's Vegan Lasagna step by step
- In a large pot, add the cans of tomatoes (with their sauce), 1 can full of water, and the Italian seasoning then turn the heat to medium. Trim the ends off the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise then cut individual slices (like cutting a cucumber) and add to the pot..
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the olive oil and set to medium high. Add the onions and peppers and saute till the onions are soft. Add a little salt for flavor. When the onions and peppers are done, add the garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook another 1-2 minutes then add contents to the large pot..
- Once the pot starts to bubble, turn the heat down and simmer partially covered for 1 hour. Remove the cover and turn the heat up very slightly and continue to cook about another 2 hours. When the sauce reduces enough to be a thick sauce, continue to the next step..
- In a non-stick skillet, spray with a vegan oil spray and add the meatless crumbles. Cook for about 4 minutes until they are hot and then add to the sauce pot. This product really adds a meaty taste to the recipe..
- Turn oven on to 375 degrees. Cook the lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Once done, it's time to assemble the lasagna..
- In a 13 X 9 glass pan start adding the ingredients in this order: 1 and 1/2 cups of the sauce, 3 noodles, 2 cups sauce, 1/3 of the cheese, 3 noodles, 2 cups of sauce, 1/3 of the cheese, 3 noodles, rest of sauce, rest of cheese..
- Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes. Removed foil and bake another 10 minutes. You are done..
- Options to improve: Instead of the middle cheese layer as mozzarella, try adding a layer of the Daiya pepper jack cheese. With this option, you can add more cheese to the other layers..
This Vegan Lasagne is full of flavor and heart healthy vegetables without all of the fat and Healthy and Delicious Vegan Lasagne. The recipe is not a quick and easy one. Plan on a few hours to get all. This delicious lasagna recipe calls for a vegan tofu mixture instead of cheese. This vegan lasagna is packed with veggies, flavourful and creamy without a shred of fake vegan cheese or tofu!