Low Carb Lasagna Adaptation.
Ingredients of Low Carb Lasagna Adaptation
- It’s 2 Tsp of Canola Oil.
- It’s 1 of Diced Red Onion.
- Prepare of Fresh Spinach.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Plain Low fat Yogurt (Kalona Supernatural Organic).
- You need 1/3 Cup of Dean's Fat Free Milk.
- It’s 2 (8 Oz) of packages of Kraft Creamy Melt Italian blend.
- You need 1.5 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 3 of Medium Eggs.
- Prepare 1 of Butternut Squash.
- It’s of Cooking Spray.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Ricotta Cheese.
- It’s of Shredded Gruyere Cheese.
- Prepare of Italian Spice Mix.
Low Carb Lasagna Adaptation instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Peel and slice the Squash into thin, Lasagna like slices. The original recipe suggested using a Mandolin to keep the slices of uniform thickness, but I'd recommend just slicing it as close to uniform as possible. Place the squash slices in an 8 oz square microwave safe glass baking dish, and microwave the squash slices for 4 minutes, covered with Saran Wrap. Remove the squash slices, and spray the glass dish with Cooking Spray..
- Roughly dice the red onion, and saute it with the garlic for about 4 minutes. Clean the spinach leaves, and wilt them in the pan with the onions and garlic..
- Get your blender out, and put yogurt, milk, and 1 Package of Kraft Creamy Melt cheese in the blender. Blend the mixture for 20 seconds. Add flour, salt, and eggs, then blend for another minute..
- Pour 1/2 Cup of the yogurt/milk sauce into the square glass baking pan. Place a layer of the microwaved Butternut Squash atop the yogurt/milk sauce in the baking pan. Layer the onion/garlic/wilted spinach mixture, Gruyere Cheese, and the remaining package of Kraft Creamy Melt Italian cheese, for 2-3 layers if possible. Pour the remaining yogurt mixture over the top of the layers, top it with more Gruyere, and sprinkle Italian Spice Mix on top of the cheese..
- Bake the mixture for 50 Minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and start the broiler. Broil the Lasagna for 4 more minutes to crisp the top. Let it rest for 15 minutes, and it should be ready to serve..