Eggplant Lasagna. This lasagna recipe replaces the traditional pasta with eggplant slices and adds layers of seasoned ground beef. Eggplant Lasagna makes an easy and delicious lasagna recipe the whole family will love! This eggplant lasagna is the perfect solution for a dish with tons of flavor without missing the pasta.
People absolutely love the lasagna we. This eggplant lasagna from Delish.com is cheesy and completely meat free. Lay slices on a cooling rack and season with salt. You can have Eggplant Lasagna using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Lasagna
- Prepare 3 of eggplants.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 2 (15 oz) of cans pure tomato sauce.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 cups of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly chopped basil (separated).
Some eggplant lasagna recipes ask you to grill the eggplant slices instead. While this imparts a nice smoky flavor, I find that grilling individual slices is too time-consuming; roasting is hands-off and more. Low Carb Eggplant Lasagna Recipe Without Noodles – Gluten-Free – This healthy low carb eggplant lasagna recipe without noodles is quick and easy to make, using simple ingredients. This keto eggplant lasagna recipe is a delicious low-carb marriage of two Italian comfort dishes: Eggplant Parmesan and Meat Lasagna.
Eggplant Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut eggplant into ¼” (6mm)slices. Place on parchment lined baking sheets. Drizzle both sides with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Bake eggplant for 7 mins each side and allow to cool (totally fine to do this part in stages as you may not be able to fit all the eggplant in your oven at once!).
- Allow eggplant to cool. Meanwhile prepare your sauce..
- In a large sauce pan, add the tomato sauce, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes. Allow to simmer for 10 mins until sauce sweetens up and reduces a bit..
- Then prepare the ricotta mixture. In a medium bowl add ricotta cheese, eggs and basil..
- Then assemble your lasagna. In a large heat safe casserole pan, place a thin layer of sauce on the bottom and distribute evenly. On top place a single layer of eggplant on top of the eggplant spread 2/3 cup (160 ml) of the ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle ¼ cup (60 ml) of shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Then add another single layer of eggplant and repeat the process creating 3 layers of “Lasagna” in total. The top layer should end with a layer of sauce and some more mozzarella cheese..
- Bake at 375F for 15-20mins until cheese is melted on top and casserole is cooked through..
- Garnish with some finely minced basil on top..
The roasted eggplant slices serve as the lasagna "noodles. This Low-Carb Eggplant Lasagna recipe is made with eggplant slices, which makes it perfect for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. Broiled eggplant stands in for lasagna noodles in this robust dish. Vegan eggplant lasagna, made with eggplant slices, marinara sauce, vegan tofu ricotta and vegan parmesan cheese. Layer this cheesy, saucy Eggplant Lasagna recipe from Food Network for a hearty vegetarian Italian meal.