Ingredients of Family Lasagna
- You need 2 of and 1/2 pounds Ground beef 80/20 blend.
- It’s 1 of medium size yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper chopped.
- You need of Mushrooms chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or margarine (your preference).
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil (I use canola).
- Prepare 32 oz of Ricotta cheese (your choice of brand).
- It’s 1 box of and 1/2 of San Giorgio Lasagna noodles.
- You need of Mozzarella (your choice of brand).
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan cheese (I prefer using Kraft).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 13 oz of jar of Ragu traditional spaghetti sauce.
Family Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large cooking pot with water and bring to boil. Once boiling add the noodles. Cook noodles until they are semi al dente. (noodles will cook thoroughly once you put the lasagna together and into the oven) Helpful tip – I found it to be helpful once noodles are done to drain them and keep them in cool water to prevent them from sticking as you are preparing the lasagna. This also stops the cooking process of the noodles..
- In a saute pan add your butter or margarine and oil. Once hot add your chopped onions chopped green peppers and mushrooms and salty until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- In a medium-sized skillet begin browning your ground beef. Add your seasonings salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder..
- Stare in your onions, mushrooms and peppers to the cooked ground beef..
- In a large cooking pot at your spaghetti sauce, and your ground beef mixture. And your sugar and cook over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Begin building your lasagna. In a lasagna dish I start off with spreading a layer of ricotta cheese. Next a layer of noodles. Next a layer of sauce. Next I sprinkle my grated Parmesan cheese. Next I spread an even layer of mozzarella cheese. I repeat this process for about a total of four layers or depending on how deep your lasagna dish..
- Place lasagna dish in preheated heat 375 degrees oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the top layer of mozzarella cheese forms a speckled golden brown, bubbly and delicious looking crust..
- Let cool for a few minutes and Bone Appetit!!!.