Lasagna in a pan. Grab some hamburger and add it to this fantastic dollar store meal. Brought to you by the dollar store chef. The acid in tomatoes reacts with the metal of the pan, so when cooking a dish that has a lot of tomato sauce, such as lasagna, it's important to create a barrier between acid and metal.
My family likes to joke that I was a certain famous lasagna loving cat in another life and I'm pretty sure they are right haha. Complete veg. lasagna recipe in pan step by step. With red and white sauce recipe and homemade lasagna sheets. You can have Lasagna in a pan using 18 ingredients and 36 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lasagna in a pan
- You need 1 cup of maida.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chilly flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled corn.
- It’s 1 cup of capsicum.
- It’s 1 cup of french beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrot.
- Prepare 6-7 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 300 grams of shredded cheese.
For making lasagna sheets : in Make dough. Homemade lasagna in a white bowl with cutlery in the background. This pan of lasagna is also HUGE and makes for lots of leftovers. It freezes beautifully too, and I have more info on that at the bottom of the post.
Lasagna in a pan step by step
- Take 1 cup maida, add. pinch of salt and knead a soft dough out of it.
- Divide it into round portions and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare Red sauce…
- In a pan put 3tbsp oil and add chopped garlic, oregano and chili flakes.
- Let the spices release their flavour in the oil.
- Cut the tomatoes in 2 halves and add it in.
- Put a pinch of salt and stir well.
- Cover with lid and let it cook for around 10 min.
- After 10 min, tomatoes must have released their skin.. remove the skin and continue cooking it till it leaves the sides.
- Add tomato ketchup and salt.
- Add little water and grind it into a coarse paste.
- Adjust the water(here we want thin sauce).
- 2nd sauce is white sauce.
- Take a pan put 2 tbsp butter and add maida.
- Saute till the maida cooks properly.
- Add milk and stir continuously.
- Add salt, black pepper, oregano, shredded cheese 1 – 2 cubes.
- Keep stiring till u get the consistency of a sauce.
- Back to the dough…
- Take the small portions and roll it into very thin sheets (sheets should be of the shape and size of your pan).
- Let the sheets rest on cooling racks for 30 minutes.
- Now in a pan put 2-3 tbsp oil.. add garlic, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Let the spices release their flavour in oil.
- Now add finely chopped onions, carrots, potatoes, capsicum, beans, corn.
- Cook till the veggies are soft and tender.
- Add salt and black pepper and switch off the flame.
- You can also put some lemon juice if you like tangy flavour.
- Now Take a non stick pan put some red sauce in it and spread it well.
- Then place a sheet on it.
- Put some red sauce.. spread it well.
- Now add veggie mixture all around.
- Put some white sauce and some shreaded cheese.
- Repeat the same process till 4-5 layers depending on the size of your pan.
- There is not any specific way to arrange the layers (you can arrange the way you wish to).
- Switch on the gas and cook this on slow flame for around 25 minutes.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and cut into 4 or 6 pieces and serve.
How to prepare in advance: You can make the meat sauce and ricotta filling in advance, then assemble the lasagna and bake whenever you're ready. Discover the best lasagna pans for baking lasagna and casseroles in our lasagna pan reviews and buyer's guide. What is the best lasagna pan? A heat tolerant deep baking pan with straight, tall sides, made of a non-reactive material and featuring easy to grasp handles is a great place to start. The pan has side handles to make it easier for you putting it in and out of the oven.