Vegan Pesto and Roasted Vegetables.
You can cook Vegan Pesto and Roasted Vegetables using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Pesto and Roasted Vegetables
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of Fusilli Pasta.
- Prepare 6-8 of Cherry Tomatoes (This is a topping).
- Prepare 1 of Avacado.
- You need of Mushrooms (As much as you want).
- It’s of Asparagus (As much as you want).
- You need of Broccoli (As much as you want).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s Dash of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
- Prepare Dash of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Vegan Pesto.
- It’s 75 g of Cashews (about 3/4 cup).
- It’s 60 g of Basil Leaves and Stems (about 2 1/2 cups packed).
- It’s 5-7 Tbsp of Hot Water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 3 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 25 g of Nutritional Yeast (about 1/4 cup).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Vegan Pesto and Roasted Vegetables instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 (yes, that high for a quick roast) Place all vegetables in a large bowl and coat with olive oil. Add salt and pepper and mix it all up..
- Bring some water to a boil and add in Cashews. Boil for about 15mins. This will soften the cashews so they can blend well..
- Place vegetables on a large baking tray or two. It doesn't need to be spread apart..
- Once oven is preheated. Place tray of vegetables in the oven and cook for 20mins..
- In a food processor add in softened cashews and some of the hot water slowly as you pulse into a creamy texture..
- Add in the rest of the Pesto ingredients and pulse into a gritty texture. Add water to your desired consistency, more for a more saucy pesto. Salt to taste(optional).
- Bring water to a boil and begin cooking pasta when the oven time left for the vegetables is about 7-8 minutes. This way everything can be finished at the same time..
- Once Vegetables are done, your pasta should also be done. Drain pasta and rinse with strainer under cold water..
- Add pesto sauce to cooked pasta and mix. Place vegetables on a plate with pasta. Top with chopped tomatoes and avacado..