Simple Meatless Lasagna. A family-pleasing version of lasagna is made with lean ground beef, whole wheat lasagna noodles, prepared sauce, and plenty of mozzarella for a All Reviews for Classic and Simple Meat Lasagna. Think lasagna from scratch is too much work? This "meaty" vegetarian lasagna comes together fast with some basic pantry staples.
Ingredients of Simple Meatless Lasagna
- Prepare 12 of oven ready lasagna noodles – no need to boil.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of container ricotta.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt – divided.
- It’s 1 (45 oz) of jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite variety).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cups of Italian blend shredded cheese – divided.
It is a layered dish with numerous levels of pasta alternated with sauce. This Easy Meatless Lasagna takes very little time to prep and make and the whole family will love it. Serve with a chopped salad full of leafy greens and chickpeas for protein. Make the marinara: Heat oil in a saucepot over medium heat.
Simple Meatless Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl mix together ricotta, parmesan, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup shredded cheese until well combined..
- Pour 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce into a 9×13 inch cake pan or casserole dish, swirl to coat bottom. Add water and 1/2 tsp salt to remaining sauce in jar. Secure lid and shake to combine..
- Arrange 4 lasagna noodles side by side in a single layer running lengthwise in center of pan. Spread half of the ricotta mixture evenly over the noodles. Pour 1/3 of sauce mixture over ricotta..
- Repeat layers: 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 1/3 of sauce in jar. Top with one last layer of noodles, last 1/3 of sauce, then shredded cheese evenly over the top..
- Cover with foil, being sure not to touch the cheese. Bake 1 hr. Remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note 1: If you want to lightly brown your cheese remove foil for last 10-15 minutes of cooking. My husband doesn't like it this way so we leave it covered the entire time. Lol.
- Note 2: Ensure the lasagna noodles you purchase say "oven ready" or "no boil" on them or else you will have to boil before assembling the lasagna..
Cook lasagna according to package directions until al dente. Lay out on a greased tray so the noodles. The veggie sauce for this simple healthy meatless lasagna can easily be done in advance, so is This lasagna is such a nice break from the traditional meat lasagna. It is light but satisfying and very. Easy Meatless Lasagna recipe: Uses Morningstar Farms Burger Style Veggie Recipe Crumbles The best tags are ones that the general public finds useful — e.g., Simple, Vegan, Chocolate, Easy.