The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe. I knew this would be a great classic lasagna recipe. It turned out to be the perfect Italian lasagna. Looking for an Italian lasagna recipe that's just like the grandmothers make it in Bologna?
Assemble a Classic Italian Lasagna with Giada De Laurentiis' recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network. A homemade bechamel sauce makes a big difference. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day newsletter to receive editor-picked recipes, tips and videos delivered to your inbox daily. You can cook The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe
- It’s 2 packages of Lasagna Pasta Sheets.
- It’s 10 of Italian Sausages cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 of kilo Ground Beef / 2 lbs. Ground Beef.
- Prepare 5 of Fresh Tomatoes grated.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Oregano.
- It’s 1 cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s 4 of large pieces Mozzarella.
- You need 3 packages of Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need 3 cups of Water.
Be the first to review this recipe. This is my great-grandmother's recipe, and it wields a lot of lasagna for a big family or for leftovers. Put meat in large bowl, add half of tomato sauce. Crush garlic in a press, and add it to mixture.
The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe step by step
- N a large sauce pan add in half a cup of the Olive Oil, sausages, and ground beef. Once the meat has turned brown add in the fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons oregano, salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon stick, 3 cups of water and let boil on low heat for about 2 hrs..
- When the sauce is ready, add into the baking pan a scoop of sauce, and start layering in the Lasagna sheets. (I don’t have a large enough square baking pan, so I used a round one) Add in a large scoop of the sauce with sausages, and ground beef, top with the mozzarella and ricotta cheese. Continue layering with the Lasagna sheets, and until all the ingredients have finished..
- I just wanted to mention back in those days, Lasagne sheets did not exist, both Maria and my mom used regular boiled pasta..
- Finish topping with the leftover Olive Oil….and Oregano.
- Pop into the oven, and bake at 180 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. I hope you enjoy making and eating this recipe as much as my mom and I have been doing for so many years. Thank you Maria for your wonderful recipe!!!! 🙂.
Step-by-step recipe and photos for making The BEST Lasagna ever! This classic Italian lasagna is authentic, made with bechamel white sauce (no ricotta) and a simple red sauce. This rustic Authentic Italian Lasagna Recipe is simple to make and bursting with flavour. My secret weapon of porcini mushrooms might be a twist on the. Some of these Italian lasagna recipes are traditional, others are more contemporary.