Vegetarian mexican lasagna. This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. Mexican-inspired ingredients are layered lasagna-style with a ricotta and spinach mixture between corn tortillas in this vegetarian baked dish. Be the first to review this recipe.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mexican lasagna
- You need 2 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- It’s 1 of large red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large orange bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 pack of mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie).
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of cheezwhiz.
- You need 150 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso).
- You need to taste of hot sauce (I've used Cholula original).
- You need 5 of flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta).
- It’s 25 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- You need to taste of chipotle or chili powder.
Enjoy this veg-infused vegan Mexican Lasagna with delicious Mexican-spiced layers. This vegetarian Mexican casserole recipe yields lots of leftovers so it's perfect for batch cooking meal plans! Check out some favorite vegetarian and vegan lasagnas. This collection of vegetarian and vegan lasagnas will help you find the perfect dish for a dinner with family and friends to which some guest.
Vegetarian mexican lasagna step by step
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes..
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy..
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside..
- Preheat the oven at 350°..
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate..
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands..
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla..
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder..
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes..
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad..
Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too! You can even serve it with eggs for breakfast. The Best Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna Recipes on Yummly For our vegetarian friends (and everyone else looking to take a welcome break from meat), we compiled our favorite vegetarian lasagna recipes. All of them are brimming with ingredients like.