Lasagna for Two. Top with two noodles, then top with half of the remaining meat. This Lasagna for Two Recipe is a classic lasagna but made for two people in a loaf pan. This is convenient when you want lasagna but don't want to make a huge amount for tons of people!
Ingredients of Lasagna for Two
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 lb of Ground Turkey.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 small of Tomato, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of Cheese pasta sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 of Fresh ground pepper.
- You need of Cheese filling.
- It’s 1 of Egg, beaten.
- Prepare 7 1/2 oz of Low-fat ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of Fresh spinach, chopped.
- You need 6 of Lasagna noodles, uncooked.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded.
This lasagna recipe is meant for two—not a crowd. It makes just enough servings to share today and have leftovers for tomorrow. Sometimes a whole lasagna is just too much. Perfectly sized lasagne for a romantic meal.
Lasagna for Two step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Brown ground turkey with garlic and onions over medium-high heat. Add in tomatoes, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, and ground black pepper. After a few minutes, add in pasta sauce and simmer, reducing heat to medium-low..
- Partially cook the lasagna noodles, boiling for 3-4 minutes..
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together egg, ricotta, cup of mozzarella, spinach, and half teaspoon Italian seasoning..
- Pour 1/3 of the meat sauce into the bottom of a greased loaf pan. Cover with two lasagna noodles, trimming ends if needed. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Cover with meat sauce. Repeat noodles, cheese, and sauce for two more layers. Top the last layer of sauce with the remaining mozzarella cheese..
- Cover loaf pan loosely with parchment paper or aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove parchment paper and cook for an additional 15 minutes..
But since I am an empty nester now, finding times I can bake that and use it effectively has become more difficult. Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick thaw dinners. I've been making lasagna for a long time, and there are quite a few variables to play with. If you love lasagna as much as we do, but only make it when you have family and friends over because it makes too much or takes too much time, give this recipe a try. ©iStockPhoto.com/imagestock I'm due in about two weeks and my head is spinning. In between tying up loose ends with work and making the apartment baby-ready, I consider all the things I won't be.