Healthier Lasagna. Lasagna recipes usually call for ingredients that are high in calories and saturated fat. But with a few simple swaps, we reduced the calorie count significantly in these healthy lasagna recipes. Healthier lasagna can still taste just as good as the original.
A healthy comfort food that'll feed your whole fam. Get the recipe from Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups. Your low-carb lasagna dreams have come true. You can cook Healthier Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthier Lasagna
- It’s 1 lb of very lean ground Beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of mozzarella (light).
- You need 2/3 cup of Ricotta part skim.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mixed Italian shredded cheese.
- Prepare 4 small of Tinker bell peppers red,orange, yellow,&green.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Italian herb seasoning.
- Prepare 12 of fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Basil.
- It’s 2 cup of marinara.
- You need 1 large of Zucchini.
- You need 7 of whole wheat Lasagna or Gluten-free noodles.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of 9×9 Pyrex deep dish.
Just thinking about a piping hot tray of it is enough to get the saliva flowing. Mom's classic recipe can get old though, which is why you've come to the right place. It's really simple and easy to make healthier options! All I use is a little bit of turkey meat, cottage cheese instead of ricotta and whole wheat noodles!
Healthier Lasagna instructions
- In a large pan brown your beef add the dry seasonings a Lil salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil after 10 min and add in your peppers and onion sauté till beef is cooked .don't over cook it or the veggies while this is cooking slice your zucchini long ways into thin Strips equal to the pasta..
- In another pan or pot have some water boiling add a bit of oil and salt then add your noodles being careful to pull them when they are aldente (not limp).
- In the Pyrex add sauce to the bottom and spread out evenly then a layer of pasta one will be cut in half to fit.
- Then add half the beef mixture ,then mozzarella then zucchini Strips then sauce again spread out evenly. Then add a layer of Ricotta spread it out..
- Then italian mixture. Then beef again then sauce then the last 3.5 noodles then sauce and sred all remaining cheese over the top..
- Bake at 375°F for 25 min.
Make classic lasagna lighter by following these easy tips and tricks for healthier lasagna. Lasagna is one of my favorite comfort foods. Although it's not exactly the most stellar meal nutritionally, its cheesy. Transform lasagna with meat sauce from a guilty pleasure into a wholesome meal. Healthier Meat Lasagna. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.