Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna. Puttanesca is a classic southern Italian pasta sauce made with tomatoes, capers and olives. Here, it lends a ton of flavor to a hearty but not heavy eggplant lasagna layered with ricotta and mozzarella. Celebrate special occassions with this tuna puttanesca recipe made with Mega Tuna Flakes in Oil variant! #TunaliciousCravings #TunaRecipe #TunaPuttanesca.
Lasagna Puttanesca recipe: Lasagna with capers olives eggplant ricotta mozzarella and anchovy fillets. Try our spicy tuna puttanesca recipe. Add the tuna with its oil, breaking it up with a fork, and season with salt. You can have Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna
- Prepare 1 can of tuna in water.
- You need 1 of jar tomato sauce of choice.
- Prepare 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of capres chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsp of kalamata olives chopped.
- It’s 3 of medium size zucchinis thinly sliced.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of grated mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of hot sauce.
See more ideas about Tuna, Ethnic recipes and Food. Tuna, swordfish, and salmon are all hearty enough in flavor and texture to work really well with this robust sauce. By all means, make a double batch and use The photographer for this recipe, who eats gluten free, was super excited when she realized this wasn't a traditional pasta puttanesca recipe! An anchovy- and olive-laden pasta puttanesca lacks for nothing.
Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna step by step
- Mix all ingredients except cheeses, bread crumbs & hot sauce.
- Cover the bottom of a lasagna plate with a little bit of sauce mix.
- Layer some zucchini slices.
- Add some of sauce mix on top and repeat step 3 & 4.
- Sprinkle top with cheeses & bread crumbs.
- Cook uncover aprox. 1 hour in preheated oven at 400º.
- Broil couple of minutes till top is crispy & brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
Then, make the sauce in a large skillet. Heat some extra-virgin olive oil (or use the oil from the anchovy or tuna can, if they're packed in olive oil). Puttanesca sauce – made from olives, capers, anchovies, and tomatoes – is an ideal accompaniment for tuna. Cover the fish with foil to keep it warm while the sauce heats in the skillet. By Marge Perry & David Bonom.