Ingredients of Spinach Lasagna
- It’s 6 – 9 of Lasagna sheets (depending on the vessel you bake in) approx.
- Prepare 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 or 1 of Capsicum small finely chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of corn Yellow boiled.
- You need 1/3 cup of Mushrooms finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Spinich finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Paneer Cottage Cheese / well greated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cheese well grated (Cheddar/ Italian Blend).
- It’s of Cheese for garnishing 1/4 cheese Grated / Slice.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Tomato puree.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano fresh / dried.
- It’s 1 tsp of Basil fresh / dried.
- You need 1 tsp of Thyme fresh / dried (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of Chilli flakes fresh / dried.
- You need 1 tsp of Parsley fresh / dried (optional).
- It’s 3 tbsps of Garlic minced.
- It’s 2 – 3 tbsps of Milk Cream Parmesan cheese / / (depending on how thick you want the gravy to be) approx.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 4 tbsps of Oil.
Spinach Lasagna instructions
- Boil the Lasagna sheets as per the instructions on the box..
- Filling: Saute onion in 2 tbsp of oil. After a minute or 2, add 2 tbsp garlic, capsicum and fry it well for a minute. Add 1/2tbsp oregano,1/2tbsp basil,1/2tbsp thyme, 1/2tbsp parsley,1/2tbsp chilli flakes and mushrooms and spinach. Sprinkle some salt and cover the pot for a few minutes till the water burns. Keep stirring every few minutes. Once well cooked turn the gas on a low flame and mix it paneer and cheese well and add pepper as per taste. Turn off the gas and let the filling cool down..
- Sauce: Take a separate pot and heat the remaining oil. Saute 1tbsp garlic,1/2tbsp oregano, 1/2tbsp basil, 1/2tbsp thyme, 1/2tbsp parsley, 1/2tbsp chilli flakes and tomato puree. Incase you are using canned puree then add a little bit of water. Stir well add salt and pepper. Once a boil comes add milk or cream or parmesan cheese. This will thicken the sauce and add a creamy flavor. Once you have a good consistency turn off the gas flame..
- Take a baking container. Arrange 1 layer of lasagna sheet at the base, then spread a thin layer of filling evenly. Spread a little sauce just sufficient to keep the lasagna moist. Then again repeat the same thing in the same order – lasagna sheet – spinach filling – sauce. Spread one more layer of lasagna sheet and then spread the sauce evenly and garnish it with some cheese and a few herbs..
- Pre-heat the oven at 400 degree fahrenheit and once heated put the tray in the the oven and change the temperature to 350 degree fahrenheit for 20minutes. You will see the top layer sizzling. Its a sign that its ready..
- Relish it hot with some garlic bread and soup if you like..