Penne Pesto with Ham.
Ingredients of Penne Pesto with Ham
- Prepare 200 grams of cooked penne pasta, keep a cup of pasta water.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 3 of tbsp of pesto genovese (blended basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ham, sliced in strips.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded or shaved parmesan.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped basil.
Penne Pesto with Ham instructions
- On medium heat, quickly fry the ham in a non stick pan with a tsp of oil, set aside..
- Saute (dont brown pls) minced garlic in oil in medium heat and add the cooked penne pasta. Add the pesto, pasta water, pepper and toss..
- Increase the heat a bit and add the ham. After 2 min, remove from fire and toss half of the parmesan cheese..
- Plate up and garnish with extra parmesan and chopped basil..
- Note: ham and cheese will provide the salt you need so dont be tempted. You can add chilli flakes if you like the bite! Have fun! :-).