Jenny's Easy Creamy Pesto Capellini.
Ingredients of Jenny's Easy Creamy Pesto Capellini
- It’s 1 Pound of Capellini Pasta.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Salted Butter.
- It’s 2 Cups of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- It’s 1 Cup of Grated Parmesean Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 Package of Knorr Pesto Mix (Prepare according to directions).
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Filtered Water.
- Prepare 1 Clove of Minced Garlic.
Jenny's Easy Creamy Pesto Capellini instructions
- In a large pot, boil Capellini Noodles according to box directions. I boil mine al dente in salted water..
- Drain noodles, and toss with some butter and/or olive oil to prevent sticking. Cover noodles and set aside..
- Pesto Mix: Bring 3/4 Cup water, 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, Knorr Pesto Mix, and 1 Clove of minced Garlic to boil. Stir constantly. Lower heat, and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes..
- In a large, nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat..
- Stir in heavy cream, and season with pepper. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, whisking constantly..
- Stir Parmesan Cheese into cream sauce, whisking until thoroughly mixed. Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened..
- Ladle sauce over the noodles, and enjoy..
- This dish is also perfect with the addition of grilled or blackened chicken or shrimp. I've also garnished with diced roma tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, green onions, sauteed mushrooms and sliced almonds. The possibilities are endless..