Best Mothers Day Lasagna or Any Day.
Ingredients of Best Mothers Day Lasagna or Any Day
- It’s 1 box of Lasagna Noodles.
- It’s 2 large of Prego pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion – diced.
- Prepare 1 medium of green pepper – diced.
- It’s 1 large of Package Mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic minced.
- It’s 1 large of Bag Mozzarella cheese – shredded.
- Prepare 1 of Bag Parmesan cheese – shredded.
- It’s 1 of Fresh mozzarella – chunked.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of 16 oz. Large curd cottage cheese.
- Prepare 1 of 16 oz. Ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Ground Beef (lean).
- You need 1 packages of Bob Evans Italian Sausage.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil – seperated.
Best Mothers Day Lasagna or Any Day instructions
- Start water in large stock pot to boil, while waiting on water begin to sauté onion, and green pepper in 1 tablespoon of olive oil..
- Once onions and green peppers are soft and kinda translucent transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Then sauté sliced mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil, they will let out a lot of moisture….make sure you drain them before adding to mixing bowl..
- Once water is at a rapid boil, add noodles to water. Put in some salt to help keep the noodles from sticking. Cook until done..
- In a seperate mixing bowl add ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, 1 heaping cup parmesan, 1 egg and mix all together. This will be your cheese mixture..
- Brown your ground beef and DRAIN! Make sure you drain all excess fat/grease so it doesnt collect on top. After draining add to mixing bowl with veggies..
- Next brown the italian sausage, add last tablespoon of olive oil to help crate some grease. Once done drain this also, then add to the ground beef and veggies..
- Drain the pasta, be careful not to burn your hands…and get ready to start the construction of the best lasagna ever!.
- Preheat oven to 350. Get your pan and put down a layer of the sauce, follow with a layer of noodles..
- Next layer is sauce again, then meat/veggie mixture add tablespoon dollops of cheese mixture every couple inches, top with some sauce..
- Add noodle layer then a whole layer of cheese mixture, then meat mixture, then some chunks of fresh mozzarella, and some shredded parmigiano..
- Top with a last layer of noodles then meat then sauce then shredded mozzarella and fresh mozzarella and shredded parm.Cover with foil and put in oven @ 350°F for 45 minutes…then remove foil and finish for the last 30 minutes of so until browned..
- Once it is hot and bubbly, and browned, take out of the oven and let cool until it has solidified….about 15 minutes. Then ENJOY!.