Mean Green Pesto Fusilli.
You can have Mean Green Pesto Fusilli using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mean Green Pesto Fusilli
- It’s 1 lb of cooked fusilli or your favorite pasta.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of Cooked and cubed chicken (i use homemade baked leftovers).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic, minced finely.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of cubed fresh mozzarella.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 1/3 cup of Spinach Kale Pesto sauce or your own favorite pesto.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
Mean Green Pesto Fusilli instructions
- Set aside a cup of pasta water. Drain pasta but keep warm while you create the sauce..
- Heat some oil in a skillet. Add your onions and cook until they are translucent. Add garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add sundried tomatoes and a splash of pasta water. Cook another minute. Add your pesto and stir..
- Start adding your pasta in small increments to make sure all noodles get covered. Taste and adjust your salt and pepper if needed..
- Add your cooked chicken and heat thoroughly if it was cold. And your fresh mozzarella last. I served the chicken alongside for the first night we had this…for leftovers i cut up the chicken and tossed everything together. Let me tell you the next day leftovers are amazing! You can have it as a pasta salad…We ate it cold!! So good!.
- Opt: drizzle extra oil over the top for a fancy finish. Also: Sprinkle the parmesan over everything at the end if you love that extra salty nutty flavor on your pasta!.