Tuna and kale pasta bake. Canned Tuna,Tuna,Fish,Pasta and Noodles,Fish and Seafood,Seafood. This is a go-to meal when we're in a hurry. I often sub spinach or kale but arugula is my favorite.
There's something about a pasta bake that just seems to make everyone so happy. Possibly the implied promise of a luxuriously filling meal, topped with cheese and oozing with some. Try this Tomato Tuna Pasta Bake! You can have Tuna and kale pasta bake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna and kale pasta bake
- It’s 1 can of tuna.
- Prepare of kale.
- Prepare of mayonnaise.
- You need of green (or red, or both!) pesto.
- It’s of cheese (e.g. mature cheddar).
- You need dash of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of herbs (e.g. mixed Italian, basil…).
- You need of pasta.
- It’s of peas.
What you need for Tuna Casserole. Could also stir in spinach leaves or shredded kale. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Tuna gets such a bad rap.
Tuna and kale pasta bake instructions
- Boil the pasta! I tend to use 3 or 4 portions worth so as to fill the oven dish which lasts me about 4 servings, but depends on your portion size! Boil as much or as little as needed, adjust quantity to requirements :).
- Add in the peas so the peas and pasta are done at the same time. I usually add them about 3-5mins before the pasta is cooked..
- Drain the peas pasta!.
- Add in the tuna, mayo, pesto, kale and plenty of cheese. I usually use 1 can of tuna, a large handful, or a couple, of kale (I have small hands and kale shrinks when cooked), plenty of pepper and herbs, a dash of salt and lots of cheese 🙂 I have the queezy mayo bottles and add plenty – hold down for about 5 seconds. You can use all f these ingredients to taste. You can also add some chili flakes or olives too!!.
- Mix all together.
- Put into oven about 180°C for approximately 15mins or until cheese melted/browning on top.
- Sprinkle more cheese (I chose a mix or grated mozzarella and cheddar for mine) on the top. I also sprinkle more pepper and herbs on top too.
I bet you wouldn't turn down this tuna pasta bake though! I remember in grade school, I would always dread the day that I would be the one to bring a tuna fish sandwich for lunch or. Meanwhile, combine onion, garlic, chilli and vinegar in a bowl and stand to soften. Combine kale, oil and lemon juice in a bowl and rub with your hands until slightly. A creamy, garlicky kale & mushroom pasta bake.