Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook. Shrimp are served with linguine pasta in a white wine-and-butter sauce flecked with fresh parsley for a quick and impressive main dish. Good with any pasta; angel hair is less filling." Save to favorites. Drain, save some pasta water and set aside.
I substituted vermouth for the white wine since. Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water, over medium heat, and cook until al dente. Add the lemon juice and white wine and raise the heat to high. You can have Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook
- Prepare 1 of and a half lbs angel hair pasta (will need two boxes, use one and a half boxes).
- Prepare 16 oz of bag of spinach.
- Prepare 12 oz of small shrimp, (bag) raw peeled,deveined,tail off, frozen.
- It’s 2 containers of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of medium white sweet onions.
- You need 1 bottle of white wine (use half the bottle) any white wine will work.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of or more minced garlic (I used 4 -5 tablespoon).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sweet basil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Garlic bread optional.
Drain the pasta in a colander, and add it to the skillet along with the chopped parsley and toss. Learn what shrimp, pasta, and wine to use for the best, easy shrimp scampi at home. A buttery, lemony garlic sauce coats linguine and shrimp, and the bright bite of red pepper and parsley balances everything. Buttery, garlicky, irresistible shrimp scampi—but make it *pasta*.
Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook step by step
- Cook pasta to till done, drain and cool off pasta by running water over it In a colander drain and set in refrigerator or can leave in sink,in the I colander,(if leaving In colander in the sink add some water from time to time so it don’t stick together) I left it in the colander in the sink..
- Cut onions set aside when pasta is cooking.
- In big frying pan add Olive oil,butter and all spices, on medium heat mix up.
- Add the onions after Olive oil heats up mix to coat all onions.
- Add mushrooms 5 mins after the onions mix to coat mushrooms and onions.
- Add the frozen shrimp (mix to coat)5-7 mins after the mushrooms can put a lid on to help it cook faster mixing in between.
- After shrimp turns a light pink (don’t cook the shrimp all the way)add half the spinach,put lid on till it cooks down some till you can add the rest of the spinach,mix some in between. after all the spinach is in and cooked down, add a half a bottle of white wine mix well and put the lid on.
- Cook wine out…. wine will turn a light yellow and is no longer a milky white…. taste and mix occasionally if needs more spices add at this time. (if making garlic bread at this point will be a good time to start baking it) after wine is cooked out,turn off heat.
- Add the pasta, try to mix in the pan or place it all together in a big bowl (make sure that the pasta is not sticking together when adding to the wine sauce, if it’s sticking run it under cold water and mix with hands, drain well you don’t want water in the wine sauce).
- Make plates immediately and top with cheese on the outside of the pasta and a pinch over the pasta, don’t over power it with the cheese. (spoon on some sauce to each plate if you like, goes really good with garlic bread / I like to soak up the wine sauce with my bread) I highly recommend garlic bread, Italian bread,or baguette bread toasted or not toasted (a cheesy bread or cheesy garlic bread I think will over power this dish and I don’t recommend that.).
- Notes- the garlic is the heart of the dish., the more the better. You can take the shrimp out or can substituted it for Scallops. I know the ingredients looks like a lot especially the bag of spinach but that cooks down and fast, can also substitute that with kale. Can also add slices of tomato’s, just add the tomatoes slices on top of the spinach, it will also help hold down the spinach as it cooks down..
- Everything is made to taste. And spices is an estimate in this recipe I don’t really Measure.
- I had leftovers (good for a few days) makes for a good lunch too.
- This makes a lot it fills up one of my biggest bowls..
This easy pasta dish is the Thaw that shrimp! Add ¾ cup dry white wine and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporates. This shrimp scampi is easily spooned over pasta, but for the best shrimp scampi pasta, we Use any pasta for this; angel hair and linguini are our favorites. Get the pasta cooking straight away.