Shrimp/Scallop scampi with linguine. Add the linguine and cook as the label directs. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. How To: Shrimp & Scallop Scampi with Linguine.
Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Loaded with garlicky shrimp and a rich lemon flavor, this pasta dish comes together easily and will disappear quickly. You can cook Shrimp/Scallop scampi with linguine using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp/Scallop scampi with linguine
- Prepare 1 of # large or x-large shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails on.
- It’s 1/2 of # bay scallops.
- It’s 2 of lemons.
- You need of vegetable oil & salt (for pasta water).
- You need 1/2 box of linguine.
- Prepare 3 1/2 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 3/4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, minced (about 2 Tbsp).
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 of black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 C of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need of zest of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of lemon juice (1 1/2 lemons).
- It’s 1/2 of lemon, thin slices.
- Prepare 1/2 C of white wine.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (less if you don't like the heat).
It takes more time than a usual scampi, but the flavor was so much better and complex. It's definitely a keeper and repeater. This recipe combines many flavors for a savory entree any shrimp enthusiast is sure to love. Dry linguine: Skip spaghetti or angel hair and pick a dry linguine.
Shrimp/Scallop scampi with linguine step by step
- Cook the linguine as directed including a little oil and salt into the water.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter and olive oil on medium-low. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and scallops, S&P and saute until shrimp turn pink, stir often for about 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat. Add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, wine, lemon slices and pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Put back on heat for 1-2 minutes to warm the sauce.
- Now add the linguine to the sauce and use tongs to combine all the ingredients together. Serve..
The thicker, flatter shape is ideal for the sauce. Dry white wine: Grab a mid-priced bottle — you'll only use a cup, so make sure it's a bottle you can drink with dinner too. Linguine with Shrimp Scampi from Barefoot Contessa. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve. Do this by following the cooking instructions on the package of the linguine.