Shrimp Scampi. Shrimp scampi has to be one of the easiest ways to quickly prepare shrimp! We simply sauté the shrimp with garlic in butter and olive oil, splash it with some white wine, let the wine reduce while the. Scrape shrimp along with any accumulated juices into skillet.
Ingredients of Shrimp Scampi
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp any size, (peeled, deveined and tails removed).
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried hot-pepper flakes (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3/4 lb of angel-hair pasta.
- It’s 1 of chopped parsley for garnish.
Who doesn't crave sweet shrimp in creamy lemon butter sauce? These shrimp are perfect served as an appetizer. Scampi can refer to large shrimp or prawns, but is most ubiquitously the quick dish of shrimp You might see shrimp scampi served over toasted bread, but for the hearty, most satisfying dinner dish. Dine seaside tonight with Tyler Florence's Shrimp Scampi with Linguini recipe from Food Network: Lemon, garlic and white wine meet hearty shrimp and pasta.
Shrimp Scampi instructions
- Bring a 6-8 quart pot of water to a boil..
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over a moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add shrimp and sauté turning over once until just cooked through, about 2 minutes and then transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl..
- Add garlic, wine, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper to remaining oil in skillet and cook over high heat stirring occasionally about 1 minute. Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, then stir in shrimp. Turn heat to low to keep warm..
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain pasta. Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture in a large bowl, adding a little bit of pasta liquid if necessary to keep moist. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve..
Scampi are tiny, lobster-like crustaceans with pale pink shells (also called langoustines). Italian cooks in the United States swapped shrimp for scampi, but kept both names. Find easy and elegant recipes for shrimp scampi, complete with reviews, videos, and cooking tips. Shrimp Scampi has long been one of my favorite dinner party recipes to make for a few reasons. Shrimp Scampi is always on them and it is always one of the most expensive dishes.