Carrot Top Pesto.
Ingredients of Carrot Top Pesto
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh carrot greens, washed and trimmed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves.
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted sunflower seeds (shelled).
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of pasta, cooked.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (optional).
Carrot Top Pesto step by step
- Place greens, basil, seeds, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor/chopper or blender..
- Process, gradually adding the olive oil, until the components are chopped fine and blended..
- Toss, a tablespoon at a time, with hot cooked pasta. Add parmesan cheese, if desired..
- Store any leftover pesto in the refrigerator. It will keep for a couple of weeks. Since the cheese is added later, you can also freeze it..