pan fried haddock with asparagus and potato. Asparagus can be bitter if not prepared properly which could be why so many don't like it. This was so simple and the flavor was terrific. Cooking perfectly seared pan fried haddock every time is easy!
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. However, haddock is not currently recommended as a sustainable option by Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch. To ensure that the fish does not stick to the pan, use a liberal amount of oil or cooking spray. You can have pan fried haddock with asparagus and potato using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of pan fried haddock with asparagus and potato
- You need 2 medium of haddock.
- It’s 1 dozen of asparagus.
- It’s 5 medium of potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 bunch of rosemary.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of hot paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of all purpose seasoning.
Photo about Pan-fried haddock with new potatoes and steamed vegetables. Pan fried asparagus goes well with Oven Baked Salmon Fillets or steak. You can also add it to a salad. My Spanish Chorizo Potato Salad has beans in it.
pan fried haddock with asparagus and potato step by step
- melt 1 table spoon of butter in large pan and place in haddock skin side down.
- wash and cut potatoes in to squares, then cover in flour and a pinch of salt.
- add tablespoon of butter to another pan and add prepared asparagus on low heat.
- fry off some rosemary and crushed garlic in oil in another pan, add potatoes.
- sprinkle teaspoons of paprika and all purpose seasoning to haddock and ensure the skins aren't sticking to the pan.
- give the asparagus a shake and add salt and pepper if you wish.
- turn the potatoes a few times and add a little butter if necessary.
- turn haddock and keep on medium heat until cooked through.
- ensure everything is cooked thoroughly and serve :).
I love asparagus and am always looking for different ways to make it! Your pan fried asparagus looks so fabulous and delicious! I love asparagus, and if you do, then you'll love this recipe. Nothing fancy, and it's ready in minutes. Great as a side dish; I love to make a meal out of it, by adding thin slices of chicken or beef, even shrimp.