Stuffed squid with asparagus and tapenade. Put squids into large baking tray. Tapenade is a spread from the south of France made with finely chopped olives and garlic. Here, roasted asparagus replaces the olives for a lighter, lower-sodium version that tastes of spring.
Ingredients of Stuffed squid with asparagus and tapenade
- Prepare 4 of squid, whole.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of asparagus.
- It’s 1 of chili, dried.
- It’s 1 packages of tomatoes, cherry.
- It’s 1 can of Black olives.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/4 can of anchovies.
- It’s 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
This grilled stuffed squid or inihaw na pusit recipe is simple and straightforward. The result was a tasty and tender grilled squid. Stuff the marinated squid with scallions and onion mixture. Secure the head of the squid using a toothpick to prevent it from falling off.
Stuffed squid with asparagus and tapenade step by step
- Preheat the oven to 280°F centigrade.
- Put squids into large baking tray.
- Fry chopped onion and cherry tomatoes (cut into halves) with olive oil and pepper.
- Using the fried vegetables, stuff the squids, filling them to the top with stuffing.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over the squids and put into the oven with tin foil over the top and set a timer for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the squid is cooking, cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from both halves into a beaker. Add olive oil, pepper, the anchovies, garlic and the chili and finally, the olives and blend into a sauce..
- Put tapenade into a bowl and refrigerate. Once the timer is up, take out the squid and remove the tin foil. Place back into the oven for another 10 minutes..
- During the final ten minutes, take out a griddle and drizzle olive oil into it and put into the asparagus. Cook for about 5 minutes and turn over for another 5. Take out of the griddle and put onto a plate..
- Finally, take out the squid from the oven, put onto plates, serve the asparagus and tapenade and enjoy!.
David Seigal, executive chef at The Lobster Place and Cull & Pistol, shows us how to clean and prep squid. For the asparagus tapenade: In a bowl, lightly toss asparagus with salt and chill. Once chilled, stir in the red pepper flakes, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. For the salmon Ready fresh squid rings and tentacles of an octopus with stewed potatoes and greens in rustic. SQUID Stuffed With ANCHOVY & PRAWNS