Asparagus and Bacon quiche. Ideal for breakfast, brunch or lunch, this is the essential classic quiche, tested to perfection. Remove asparagus and drain on a paper towel. Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk together with the cream.
Ingredients of Asparagus and Bacon quiche
- Prepare of Base.
- You need 1 of shortcrust pastry.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 5 of asparagus spears.
- Prepare 6 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 275 ml of creme fraiche.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 150 grams of bacon lardons.
- Prepare 4 of mushrooms.
- It’s 30 grams of gruyere.
- Prepare 2 tsp of green pesto.
- Prepare 2 of sprigs fresh thyme.
Arrange asparagus in a wheel fashion. Mix the remaining ingredients together, pour over the veggies making sure it gets into the cheese. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over bacon and asparagus. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
Asparagus and Bacon quiche step by step
- preheat oven to 180°c.
- grease tin/case.
- roll out pastry and press into fluted edges.
- prick all over with fork and blind bake for 15 mins until lightly golden.
- fry lardons until crisp removing excess fat- set aside to cool.
- cut asparagus and tomatoes in half.
- chop mushrooms and thinly slice/grate gruyere cheese.
- combine eggs and creme fraiche.
- remove pastry case from oven.
- cover base with lardons and mushrooms.
- pour over custard mixture.
- arrange asparagus and tomato halves on top.
- sprinkle over thyme leaves.
- sprinkle over gruyere cheese.
- drip over a little pesto.
- bake for 35 minutes.
Instead of steaming the asparagus, like others, I sauteed them in a little bit of the leftover bacon drippings (saves you dirtying another pan). When it comes to quiche this recipe stands above all the rest! Full of smoky bacon, asparagus, mushrooms, red pepper…. I could go on and on. This perfect semi homemade make ahead dish is what every hostess dreams of having.