Rockling on steamed Asparagus with capers. Steam asparagus until tender but crisp. Meanwhile, season fish with salt and pepper on both sides. A really simple and healthy dinner of pan seared rockling fillets served over asparagus with a caper-butter sauce.
Steam asparagus until tender but crisp. Try this asparagus idea with butter, balsamic and capers for an easy starter or lunch. Toss with a knob of butter, the balsamic and capers and season well. You can cook Rockling on steamed Asparagus with capers using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rockling on steamed Asparagus with capers
- It’s bunch of – 450g asparagus spears..
- It’s 4 of 150g rockling fillets.
- It’s 30 grams of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of capers (I used baby capers).
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
Pile onto sourdough toast and scatter with a few parmesan shavings. While asparagus steams, whisk together mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl. Whisk in rice vinegar, broth and lemon juice until smooth. Steam the asparagus for three to five minutes until just tender.
Rockling on steamed Asparagus with capers step by step
- Steam asparagus until tender but crisp..
- Meanwhile, season fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat butter and oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Place fish in pan and cook 3-4 minutes a side until just cooked through. (don't overcook).
- Divide the asparagus between four warmed dinner plates and lay the fish on top of the asparagus..
- Return the fry pan to heat, stir in the capers and cook 30 seconds. Divide the caper sauce over the fish..
- (I boiled some small potatoes in the bottom of the steamer that go nice with this.).
Remove to a platter or a wide bowl, and add the remaining olive oil and the onion mixture. Arrange asparagus and capers in a baking dish; drizzle with oil, turn to coat. This Instant Pot Steamed Asparagus is so easy to prepare, and your asparagus cooks perfectly every time! This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.