Brad's stuffed double cut pork chops. Dredge the chops through the egg, then lay in the breading and press to adhere. Stuff the chops with Boudin Sausage or stuffing of your choice. Season the entire chop with salt and cayenne.
Ingredients of Brad's stuffed double cut pork chops
- You need of For the chops.
- It’s 4 of pork loin chops, bone in and at least 1 1/2" thick.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Genoa salami.
- You need 1 bunch of asparagus.
- You need 6 Oz of smoked cheddar cheese.
- You need of Smoked paprika, garlic powder, white pepper, and sea salt.
- You need of For the sautéed topping.
- Prepare 1 of LG sweet onion, thin slices.
- You need 1/2 lb of king oyster mushrooms, sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of vodka.
- It’s of For the puree.
- You need 1 of LG head cauliflower.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk + or -.
- You need of Smoked paprika, garlic powder, white pepper and sea salt.
- You need 1 drop of liquid smoke.
The chop will be very full. A pork chop is just a pork chop, right? Well, there's actually more than one cut out there! Depending on what you buy, this popular cut of meat may be tender, mild-tasting, and only need quick cooking; or it can be tough and need braising but be extremely flavorful at the end.
Brad's stuffed double cut pork chops instructions
- Sprinkle chops liberally with seasoning. Set aside..
- Cut bottom third of the asparagus spears off. Coat asparagus with a small amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with the same seasonings as the pork. Toss to coat. Roast in a 400 degree oven until just done..
- Cut up cauliflower. Place in saucepot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender..
- Heat a small amount of canola oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Sear chops on each side until well browned. Place in a baking dish and put in the oven until internal temperature reaches 160. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile add onion, mushrooms, garlic, and butter to a frying pan. Fry on medium low heat until carmelized.
- Butterfly pork chops don't cut all the way through. Stuff with salami and 3 asparagus spears. Place a slice of cheese on top. Return to the oven until cheese is melted and stuffing is heated through..
- Drain cauliflower. Place in a food processor. Add butter. Blend well. While running, add milk slowly until puree becomes smooth. Season to taste and add liquid smoke if desired..
- Spread puree on bottom of plate. Add chop on top. Top with mushrooms and 2 asparagus spears. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Never had a pork chop I liked until now. These were fantastic with a few minor changes and we're now having them once a week. Are double-cut chops cut from a different part of the animal (more toward the center, maybe?), or is it just a wider cut from wherever the butcher was cutting anyway, or is the Google speculation wrong and it means something different? And is this term specific to pork, or are there other kinds of double-cut. To stuff this stuffed pork chops recipe, you want to start out with a decently thick cut.