Mildly sweet n sour tofu salad. Make this sweet and sour tofu in minutes and forget about the takeout! Mapo tofu is another great tofu recipe to try out or this easy sheet pan roasted tofu that doubles as a great meal prep tofu option with roasted vegetables made right alongside in the same pan! I would make a crispy bbq tofu salad!
Ingredients of Mildly sweet n sour tofu salad
- Prepare 1/2 of garlic.
- You need 2 of large birds eye chillis (low – med on scoville scale).
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tablespoon of Fennel powder.
- You need 1/4 tablespoon of Chicken stock.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- Prepare of Cauliflower, brussel sprouts, carrots, asparagus etc.
- You need of Tofu.
- Prepare of Basil leaf as garnish.
It's hearty and filling, yet it's light and healthy so you can escape that Serve this Sweet and Sour Tofu with steamed white rice or some tender noodles for a perfectly complete meal that tastes better than takeout (and is faster. Vegan crispy sweet and sour tofu keeps dinner easy! It's perfect served over rice or with sautéed chinese broccoli or bok choy. Bring on the ultimate comfort food… crispy sweet and sour tofu with rice is as simple and easy as it gets!
Mildly sweet n sour tofu salad step by step
- Chop garlic and chilli, lightly fry in olive oil.
- Add diced vegetables with tomato and stir-fry. Crush tomatos till juices spread at the bottom of the pan.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, and chicken stock/ fennel powder mix in 100g warm water.
- Add tofu, diced. Stirfry till veges get chewy (not too soft, density in fibres retained).
- Garnish with basil leaves.
This Sweet and Sour Tofu dish is vegan-friendly and it is enjoyable for just about anyone's taste palette. Heat oil in a wide pan over medium heat. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel. Crispy sweet and sour tofu made by tossing baked tofu cubes in a naturally-sweetened, slightly spicy sauce. I am totally obsessed with this sweet and sour tofu right now.