Basil and Pesto veggie bake.. Basil pesto is a delicious summer time favorite. This is my healthy version of this Italian delight with basil, olive oil, almonds and garlic. While the pesto available in stores is not terrible, it is hard to find one that doesn't contain hydrogenated oils or grain fillers.
But instead of just a basic pesto pasta I added in a few fresh vegetables, roasted them so they got nice Baking Sheet – I used this to roast the veggies on! Large Pot with Strainer – I love this pot because all I have. Learn how to make homemade basil pesto in this video. You can cook Basil and Pesto veggie bake. using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basil and Pesto veggie bake.
- Prepare of side dish.
- You need 1 of Jar of Prego Basil Pesto Alfredo sauce..
- It’s 3 of cups of your favorite dry pasta(I used large elbow mac).
- You need 1 of cup of frozen Broccoli.
- Prepare 1 of cup of frozen carrot slices.
- You need 1 of cup of your favorite shredded cheese(I used a Mozzerela/Provolone mix.
- Prepare 1 of Grated parmesan cheese(Optional).
You'll simply need basil, nuts, Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Try our vegetable bake recipes, from gratins to macaroni and cheese, oven roasted vegetables to vegetarian lasagne… A vegetarian take on a baked pasta classic, made with homemade white sauce (it's easy), lots of fresh basil and charred aubergine slices. Pesto, or pesto alla genovese, is a vibrant, garlicky green sauce that originated in Genoa, Italy. Traditional pesto is made with garlic, pine nuts, salt, basil leaves, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and extra-virgin olive oil.
Basil and Pesto veggie bake. step by step
- Boil pasta according to directions on package..
- In a microwave safe dish,Heat the frozen veggies together for 4 minutes on high(You will be adding these to the boiling pasta so heat them up as to not stop pasta from boiling..
- 3 minutes before the pasta is done,Go ahead and add the veggies to the pasta to boil..
- After pasta is finished,Drain pasta/ veggie mix in a colandar over sink,shake up and down gently to remove as much water as possible..
- Add pasta/veggie mix back into pot without heat,Add the whole jar of the basil/pesto sauce and combine thoroughly..
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a 2 quart baking dish add all of the pasta/veggie mix..
- Top with the entire amount of shredded cheese..
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese is browned to your liking..
- Shake on some grated parmesan cheese after plating if you like a little more salt(Optional).
- Gather the family and enjoy😊.
It's important to use top-quality ingredients, as the flavors really shine through. Basil pesto comes together in a matter of minutes, which-besides its incredible taste and versatility- is another bonus. You need a food processor or blender to The ingredients blend together rather easily, so if you don't have a fancy food processor, don't worry. It will still taste like pesto and it will still be. Vegan Basil Pesto is loaded with bright herby flavor & made in a few minutes.