Asparagus Upkari/Stir Fry with Mustard and Chilies. Wash asparagus stalks in running water and drain. Take a stalk and start snapping pieces of asparagus from the top end. This is one attempt to show different cooking methods to cook asparagus as I have got several requests, Hope you will like it.
Squeeze juice from one orange half over and toss once more. Recipe can be found @ Zesty South Indian Kitchen. In skillet heat oil add mustard seeds, urad dal and halved red chilies. You can have Asparagus Upkari/Stir Fry with Mustard and Chilies using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asparagus Upkari/Stir Fry with Mustard and Chilies
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of asparagus (2 cups chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 2-3 of dry red chilies.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Once mustard seeds starts spluttering add chopped onion, green chilies, garlic cloves and curry leaves and fry them. When making the Mustard Potato Stir-fry, make sure to pre-cook the potatoes in the microwave. That way it cooks through fully when stir-fried with the other light vegetables. This tasty chicken, mushroom and asparagus dish served with rice is perfect for an Asian dinner.
Asparagus Upkari/Stir Fry with Mustard and Chilies step by step
- Wash asparagus stalks in running water and drain. Take a stalk and start snapping pieces of asparagus from the top end. If it snaps off easily, the vegetable is tender and absolutely right. Continue to do this until you come to the bottom end. As soon as you notice it getting difficult to snap off easily, you know it is time to stop right there and discard the tough ends..
- Continue with the rest of the bunch. Keep aside. Over medium heat, in a large saucepan, heat coconut oil. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and immediately close with a cover or you will have mustard seeds spluttering and bouncing off all over your stove and kitchen! Once the seeds start to splutter, stir in red chilies, cut into 2 to 3 pieces (break off with your fingers). Stir for only a few seconds (or you may get burnt chilies which turns the stir fry bitter)..
- Immediately add the chopped asparagus, add salt to taste and mix well. If needed, sprinkle a few teaspoons of water, cover and cook again for about 3 to 4 minutes..
- You will know when the asparagus has cooked just until tender crisp is when you notice the vegetable turning dark green. Taste a piece of asparagus to taste doneness. If needed, cook for a few more minutes; depending upon how crisp or soft you like your vegetable. We love it tender crisp with still a bite and crunch in them..
- Turn off heat and serve hot with some rice and dal! Enjoy!!!.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix stir-fry sauce and oyster sauce. An easy stir-fry, also good made with pork. An easy stir-fry, also good made with pork. Marinating time not included. small fresh red chilies, finely chopped,deseeded if you want less heat. The asparagus is slivered thinly and stir-fried with kimchi and spam, then topped with a fried egg, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and finished with finely Why It Works.