Prawn and asparagus risotto. This Prawn and Asparagus Risotto is a simple but comforting, slimming friendly meal whether you're counting calories or following Weight Watchers. We love seafood and this Prawn and Asparagus Risotto is really versatile as you can add lots of other shellfish or even some squid. Whipping up this deliciously authentic Prawn and Asparagus Risotto recipe is a simple treat.
Ingredients of Prawn and asparagus risotto
- You need 300 g of risotto rice.
- Prepare 5-6 of asparagus tips, washed and chopped.
- It’s 200 g of cooked large prawns.
- You need 1-1.2 ml of stock.
- It’s of Small chopped onion.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Glug of white wine.
- Prepare Knob of butter.
- You need of Olive oil.
Try it topped with homemade Parmesan crisps. Drain and allow them to cool, then chop into small pieces and set aside. For the risotto, heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the shallot and garlic until softened but not coloured. Drain and chop into small pieces.
Prawn and asparagus risotto instructions
- Fry onion gently in oil for 2 mins. Add rice and cook for and min or so.
- Add asparagus and wine. Let it evaporate. Add about 3/4 if the stock, salt to taste and stir and simmer on low for about 20 mins.
- Add more stock if necessary and prawns towards end of cooking time.
- Add a knob or two of butter, stir to make it creamy.
- Serve :).
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the shallots Season with salt and pepper. To serve, divide the risotto into two bowls, and top. Add in the asparagus tips, butter, cream, parmesan and prawns and fold in well – heat through and serve with parmesan garnish. This is a simple to make risotto that works well with quality fresh ingredients to create a wonderful lunch or dinner for the weeknight through to a special dinner. When the rice is still al dente, remove from heat.