My Italian style Asparagus. 😚. Learn how to make Italian-Style Asparagus. Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears. Remove scales from spears with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
Layer the asparagus and onion on the center of the foil, making a narrow stack. Drizzle the olive oil and honey over the vegetables and enclose in the foil, forming an airtight pouch. Cut off the woodsy bottoms of the asparagus spears; discard. You can cook My Italian style Asparagus. 😚 using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Italian style Asparagus. 😚
- You need of About 20 stems A good bunch of Asparagus.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves crushed.
- It’s 1 tbls of Butter or Olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Passata.
- It’s 125 g of Soft Mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of italian herbs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black cracked pepper.
- Prepare 6 of cherry tomatoes halved.
Cut off the flower ends and set aside. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the dark green outer skin of each spear; you should get three or four ribbons from each one.. Asparagus Side Dishes Recipes on Yummly Lately I've been buying a ton of asparagus, they're popping up all over in grocery stores, markets and menus, a sure sign of spring, and over the last couple of weeks I've been making them all different ways.
My Italian style Asparagus. 😚 step by step
- Add the butter or oil to a hot frying pan add the garlic crushed and stir then add the Asparagus in a row in the frying pan. Fry for 5 minutes turning the Asparagus over..
- Next lay the Asparagus in a oven tray with greaseproof paper them add the passatta all over..
- Next add mozzarella cheese 6 slices over the asparagus. Then add tomatoes dotted around. Then add the italian herbs all over..
- Then add some spinach here and there. Then Black pepper.
- Add black pepper and add to the preheated oven 180°C for 10 minutes. ENJOY..
Asparagus is so simple to make and doesn't require anything fancy to taste great. I steam my asparagus like this in just a little bit of water, and then no steamer basket is needed. Then, once it is a bright green color I saute it in a tad of olive oil for about a minute and sprinkle with a little salt. So if you are like me and it has been forever since you made a quiche. Living in Italy I learned to cook authentic Italian dishes using whole ingredients, fresh veggies and delicious spices.