Aubergine and mixed pepper pasta. This aubergine pasta is a brilliant vegetarian pasta recipe from Jamie Oliver. Meanwhile, fry the aubergine in the remaining oil until golden, then stir into the tomato sauce with most of the basil leaves. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain, then stir through the sauce.
Ingredients of Aubergine and mixed pepper pasta
- It’s of key ingredients.
- It’s 200 grams of seashell pasta.
- Prepare 1 head of fresh mozzarella.
- It’s 4 small of shallots.
- You need 1 cup of ready made aubergine pesto.
- It’s 2 cup of sliced peppers.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh basil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the aubergine. Season with black pepper if desired. Add the chopped peppers and cook at medium heat until tender. Mix the oil, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and sultanas with the couscous, season with salt and pepper and place into the cavities of the aubergines.
Aubergine and mixed pepper pasta step by step
- Heavily salt 3 L of water and bring the water to a rolling boil.
- While the water is boiling peel and dice shallots and slice the peppers.
- Fry shallots in a small amount of olive oil until they got nicely browned.
- Add the peppers until they start to sweat and then tip in the pesto.
- Start boiling the pasta while you turn down the heat on the shallots, peppers and pesto mix.
- When the pasta is al dente drain out the hot water, dunk in ice cold water and then strain out and place the pasta in with the pesto shallots and peppers mix.
- After mixing well, taste and season with sea rock salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Tear the fresh mozzarella and place on top of pasta before serving.
This easy roasted tomato and red pepper pasta with aubergines & olives is born out of my obsession with Piedmontese Peppers and all the flavours of this very simple and exquisite dish. I wanted to try to capture some of that with this pasta. A delicious homemade tomato pasta sauce, perfectly cooked aubergines and salty, stretchy, gooey strings of Mozzarella make this simple Aubergine and Mozzarella Pasta recipe a real family favourite. This Aubergine and Mozzarella Pasta is a dish I have been making my family for years. Pappardelle con Melanzane Pasta with Aubergines, Tomatoes and Garlic Sauce.