Pesto Alfredo Mac & Cheese (food network magazine recipe).
Ingredients of Pesto Alfredo Mac & Cheese (food network magazine recipe)
- Prepare 8 oz of penne or other short pasta.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pesto.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chopped basil (handful).
Pesto Alfredo Mac & Cheese (food network magazine recipe) instructions
- bring pot of salted water to a boil. add pasta and cook till al dente..
- drain pasta.
- meanwhile, rub large skillet with smashed garlic clove, then discard the garlic. Add butter and melt over medium-high heat. Add cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil, stirring occaionally. Reduce heat to medium- low and simmer until reduced by one third. Stir in parmesan, pesto and chopped basil..
- turn heat off and add pasta. Add to nice serving bowl and top with extra parmesan cheese..
- serve and enjoy!!.